Tuesday, September 15, 2009

they put corn in things I normally wouldn't...

The past couple of days have been filled with sight seeing. on saturday we decided to take a trip down to Houth and it was amazing. We had fresh seafood chowder and calamari from a vender and ate it while watching sealions swim. There wasn't really much of a beach but it was certainly nice just being by the water. We then walked around town and tried to find the castle. It turned out to be a private home soo there wasn't much that we did there but take some pictures. We saw a wedding party getting ready on our way down the hill which was lovely. When we returned from Houth, we had a family pasta dinner. It was soo nice to have a feeling of eating with large numbers again. it was kinda like being at home. We took a late night bus into the city and had a few drinks at Doyles and came home.

Sunday, Erica and I went sight seeing together. It started out a bit rocky when we nearly missed the bus. It was 10am, I was a bit hungover, and I was running for the bus. Just imagine it, I'm sure it was very amusing to those watching. We took the hop on/hop off bus around the city. I picked up some stories and some nice tid bits but realized that most of the tour was my normal bus route and soo minus the commentary I paid 13 euro to pay for a ride I take nearly every day. But o well. We went to phoenix park and trinity college and places like that. We finished our day at Marks and Spencers' and I managed to buy myself some actual food. I got a couple of hamburgers and chicken cutlets with seasoning already on them. I had the hamburgers and they were quite good, I'm going to try the chicken the next two nights. I also managed to clean my apartment and do some laundry. I'm sad to say that the dryers are sub-par. Most of my clothes were still damp after 6 euro and 3 hours of drying. Its amazing how the most insignifcant thing can make you miss home.

Monday, I was a bit down in the dumps. I have a feeling Monday's may be the hardest days while here. Not because I'm hung over or tired but merely for the fact that i have Pagan Celts..twice. I have this feeling of stupid while sitting in this womens lecture. She just doesn't seem to have any direction or objective to anything she says. Its like a million random facts in 1 hour that I'm supposed to know. And the tutorial after is just painful. I havn't needed a study buddy..since never. and I'm not sure why now in my 4th year of college I need a women to ask me what I learned in class today. Soo as I walked back from class fighting the tears that I knew would eventually come after being away for 2 weeks and being overwhelmed with this class.. I did what any other smart college student would do. Nope, I did not drowned my sorrows, I emailed my advisor in the states and put that fucker on pass/fail. Its just simply not worth me stressing over a class that is clearly disorganized. Later Stephanie and I went to see 'The Importance of Being Ernest' They were wonderfully talented and funny. Also we got free wine at the end. I joined dramasociety if nothing but to get some tickets for their shows. Its been 2 weeks since I've watched any sort of tv and well if I can't watch tv anymore then I'm going to watch it performed live I suppose. We also met some more Americans, that I think we are going to be goign away together this weekend. And they also invited us to a family dinner on Wednesday. Which over course at this point anything beats eating alone, since my roommates have been locking themselves away in their rooms.

Anyways.. today I have to do a bunch of reading and writing and printing. I think I'm going to cave and just buy my own printer. Sending my work across campus to just print a sheet a paper seems like soo much more work then I'm willing to give. Call me spoiled. Call me lazy. Call me both. haha.. it doesn't matter.. once the rain starts I have a feeling I'll get the last laugh. Alrighty I gotta get dressed.. Good Morning Ireland, Good Morning America.

No comments:

Post a Comment