Wednesday, September 2, 2009

first days in the home land..

This morning I awoke to find that I am infact in Ireland and getting home isn't really an option. I finally met my roommates (Annabelle and Caroline) Annabelle is from New Zealand and Caroline is from Paris. Annabelle seems to be an expert is navigating the city and knowing what has to be done and how to do it soo I feel like she is going to be a great asset.
I have come to realize that these first couple of days in Ireland are quite ironic.. everyone told me I would be able to meet a boy but every Irish guy here is 17? Its kind of like a cruel joke. Lets put Meg next to hundreds of attractive irish accented guys and make them all the perfect age for Libby. Its clearly a cruel world. Haha.. Anyways.. I went into the city for the past two days..I feel like Im that stereotypical country girl in the big city. There is just so much to look at I feel like if I focus on just one thing I might miss something. I have found that there doesnt seem to be enough hours in the day to get everything done..but today I'm going to try and be a little more successful. Stephanie and I are going to try and tackel the bank and student card and travel card situation. My first lesson while in Dublin besides how expensive this city is, the bus is just a money pit. I would say its more expensive then having car. But of course I have found my way around this 3 dollar expense everytime I need to go somewhere..a free travel card for opening a bank account. o snap! I'm not really sure I know what the travel card does but if its free then I am all over it. I hear that they are also giving away bread too which Im going to be all over. I have some to the realization that I might be coming back to the US 15 pounds lighter.. I haven't decided if thats a plus or a minus. I had my first guinness last night and I found myself pleasently surpised. I kind of got more of a coffee like taste then a beer one.. maybe I've lost it. But anyways it was good stuff. Thick though, soo I'm sure too much of that would make me blow up like a balloon. Note to self: don't drink alot of guinness.
I was invited to have dinner with my cousin Aideen. I think she is my cousin.. some type of family member.. Aideen. haha.. I am going to call her today and make some plans. Alrighty I am meeting Stephanie in 40 minutes and I havn't showered yet soo I'm off.. Good Afternoon Ireland and Goood Morning America.

7 comments:

  1. i think you can safely call aideen your step-cousin ... she is your stepgrandfather's niece...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coming by from your mom's place to say hello. Have fun time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning and Greetings from Los Angeles! Best Wishes on your semester in Ireland and I send my best, Martha (bloggy buddy of your Mom's)

    ReplyDelete
  4. :)

    I loved reading this - your first post from Ireland. One question though ... the bread ... the free bread ... the BANK is offering free bread for opening an account? I'm soooooo confused! :D

    Oh, and blessed be the Guinness taps of Dublin. Those dark roast grains *do* take on a coffee/cocoa-like flavor. Slainte!

    ReplyDelete
  5. kinda makes you wonder about a country where the banks give away bread, doesnt it?

    on second thought... where IS that passport application?

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi everyone! thanks for reading?! I hope its entertaining enough... it wasn't the bank giving away bread just some student organization. we took 3 things and have them in the freezer. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed reading about your first days in Ireland. I will definitely be checking in with you alot. I'm a blogging buddy of your mom's too, from Eloise, FL. Talk about a country girl, lol. Enjoy your time there.

    ReplyDelete