Saturday, September 12, 2009

drinks..dreams.. and sleep.

Thursday I only had one class so Stephanie and I decided a nice trip into the city for some shopping would be nice. So we filled our wallets with money and off we went. We were on a search for some boots because Stephanie's didn't seem to make the trip to Dublin very well. And in the process, I realized 4 shirts and nice pair of European boots later just how much I love shopping and it made the little pang in my stomach go away. Ahhh.. Retail Therapy. Clearly the cure for everything.

When we got back we ended up at Stephanie's apartment where Erica had invited over some friends. We really didn't have much of an idea on what to do soo we ended up playing "fuck the dealer." I suppose I should mention that I told everyone I wasn't going to be drinking that much because I hadn't really been eating all that much recently. Well it came to be my turn to be the dealer.. lets just say prolly about 30 minutes later I was in Steph's bed under the covers passing out. The next events are kind of fuzzy but a guy that I had met at the bar a few nights ago and had had lunch with earlier in the week, called me. He came over and brought me back to my place and took care of me while I got sick. What a great impression I made. To be honest I haven't been that drunk since my 21st birthday. Getting extremely intoxicated and not remembering parts of the night is definitely not my goal. But it happened.. I guess I can't change it. In the morning, I woke up to find a brownie left on my desk by the boy who will prolly never talk to me again. soo embarrassing.

Needless to say I spent Friday in bed until about 3 or so. I didn't have a hang over or anything but I didn't have class and if anything I was just tired. Erica, Mike, Steph and I went on a walk around St. Stevens Green yesterday afternoon and walked around the city just looking around. The weather has been so nice the past couple of days that I've found times to take some good pictures of the area. Finally putting my camera to good use. We went to Fitzgeralds for dinner, I got the lasagna thinking it would be nice balanced meal and have some beef in it. As Mike nicely reminded me "You paid $18 for Cafeteria food." It was gross. there was like no sauce, no cheese and the beef looked microwaved. and of course it cost me my arm and leg. Dublin I'm not impressed with your food. btw. Yes Mom, I know what you are thinking.

We came home and realized there wasn't much going on because everyone leaves campus on the weekends to go home. Soo Steph and I ended up finishing Adventureland and then headed over to the Student bar for about 20 minutes. I wasn't drinking and therefore it got boring really fast. So I ventured home and was in bed and asleep by 12:30. I woke up today at 11. Thank You Jesus for the full night of sleep. Its about time. I also had a dream last night that I was pregnant. I didn't want it and was really upset. I know that dreams about pregnancy are about growth. So I'm guessing that the part of my that has to die inorder for me to grow and change may be not so happy about it. well isn't that some food for throught.

Today we are going to take the dart to the coast. I've always been close to water. I remember once my Mom had a feng shui lady come over to take a look at the house. Apparently she said I was a wood person and I needed to be around a lot of water for balance. I generally don't listen to things like that but as I look back on my life I have always had a body of water very close to me. Ocean City, Pond House, Lifeguarding. The water has always provided me a place where I could swim and forget the problems and just be. Since swimming laps is still out of the question because of my shoulder, I think just sitting on the Irish Coast could be some good therapy.

In the words of the Eels : "It's saturday morning, And this ain't the place for me
I'm giving you warning baby, We got a whole big fat world to see."


Good Afternoon Dublin, Good Morning America.





No comments:

Post a Comment