Saturday, September 26, 2009

immigration.. cough syrup and rugby.

Wednesday night I found myself tired as hell but not able to sleep. I had this incessant cough that would not stop.. and soo when Stephanie called me at 7am the idea of getting out of bed to go stand in the cold at immigration wasn't really where I wanted to be. But, since I really didn't have any other day to go.. I threw on whatever was on the floor and ran out the door. We waited for our ticket for about 15 minutes.. I was number 124 out of 400.. that was at about 8:30. We were told to get lost until 10:30. Soo we set off to walk around downtown for 2 hours. We stopped at the pharmacy to get me something to stop my cough at night.. much to my dismay this country doesn't believe in medicine like NyQuil.. soo instead of giving me something to supress my cough at night.. the guy gave me something to keep me coughing. We finally settled on this nice little place for breakfast and I ordered a full Irish breakfast. It was kind of being back in America because I ate until I was stuffed and it still looked like the plate hadn't been touched. But God was it good. I'm a big fan of this stuff they call pudding here..though its prolly one of those things that you don't really want to know what it is that your eating. soo I am going to remain ignorant. 2 cups of coffee, orange juice and a full Irish breakfast later, we ventured back to Immigration around 10:10. They were on number 89 or so and so we found a nice place next to a window and sat down. I think I was finally seen around 11 or 11:30 or so.. It was quite a painless process except for the 150 euro they took from me (aka $300). We were finally walking out of there by 12:30 with our immigration cards and being totally legal immigrants.

Since I got hardly any sleep the night before I decided that I was going to skip class at 2. Instead I made my way to the student health center. I've been horrible at doing my physical therapy soo I decided that it was time to find a physical therapist who would make me do it. Good news they have some on campus.. woohoo! I also found out that inorder for me to get some cough medicine that will help me at night I needed to see a doctor (which of course was booked till the next week). If there is anything I have learned in the past couple of years.. it is that if I am sick a lack of sleep isn't going to help me get any better. So I went home and looked up a doctor in town who took my insurance. I got an appointment for the next day.

Thursday happened to also be Authors Day and Guinness's 250th birthday or something. Being sick I didn't really partake in much of the drinking activities but I did go out on the town with Erica, JP and Steph. We pub hopped for a couple of hours and ended up at Fitzgerald's. There was live music and it was pretty fun. Tom, Brooke, Mike and company ended up meeting us with us there and we all sang along to our American songs like true tourists. I was home and in bed by 12 or so.

Yesterday, Steph and I woke up and ventured into the city to find my doctor. It was deemed a success. She told me it was just a virus and gave me some cough syrup with codeine. Needless to say, I am a big fan of codeine. Mike and I ended up going to Dun Drum the huge mall to find him a new water bottle to replace the one he left on the train last weekend. We got a little confused on the bus routes but we managed to get there and back relatively painlessly. Then I took some cough syrup and crawled into bed and watched the new greys anatomy episodes. After seeing a 5 minute teaser the other day I realized if I have to live without tv for 4 months.. there is one show I must be able to watch and soo I bought the Itunes Season Pass of Greys Anatomy. I believe it was $25 dollars well spent.

Around 5:30, Tom told me everyone was going to a rugby match.. thats one of those things I wanted to do while in Dublin soo I was excited to join. We went to the game around 7. I didn't really know how the game worked other then one side was trying to get the ball to other side. But I wasn't really pay much attention because the players were like eye candy. It was too bad we were watching the 20 and under group because none of those guys looked younger then 20. I swear if you want to turn a boy into a man just have him place rugby. The team we apparently wanted to win lost soo there was no celebration afterwards. I didn't mind though because by the time the game as over I was freezing and the only thing I wanted to do was getting in my sweatpants and get in bed. I ate some cheese and crackers in bed and turned out my lights at 10:30. Thanks to the codeine I didnt wake until 10:30 this morning. I already did some laundry and I am planning on going over to the library. Alrighty Im off.. Good Afternoon Ireland and Good Morning America.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you finally got something for your cough. I want you to know I may not comment everyday, but I do try to stop by and see what's going on with you. Thanks for sharing your adventures.

    ReplyDelete