Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Tummy Bugs and Irish Sunshine.

The last couple of days I seem to be dealing with a tummy bug. I'm not quite sure if it's something I ate or if its just some strange form of homesickness. No matter what I do I can't seem to make my stomach happy.

I had a little freak out yesterday because I came to the realization that I was taking a bunch of courses that I really didn't have much interest in. I managed to drop history and pick up a women's studies class on feminism. Today I had women studies and I am pleasently suprised that I enjoyed the class. I got one of those "O I can actually learn about this kinda stuff in school?" moments. Not that I don't find Irish culture and history oh so interesting. but 3 classes of it was seeming to be a bit too overwhelming. I did figure out that I will have to take a winter course when I return to the states, just to make sure I can graduate on time. I also managed to make it possible for me to have Friday's off which was again a pleasent surpise. In my 3 plus years in college, I learned that the less I have to go to the class the more I am willing to go.

Today was a beautiful day. the sun was out the entire day and it was warm. If only we could have 1 day like that every week. I think I could deal with 6 days of rain if I was promised 1 day of sun. So after I found out I had the afternoon off.. Steph and I took a couple of towns down to the field and laid out with tea and pretzels. It was a good time. Goodnight Ireland and Good Evening America.



4 comments:

  1. Glad you got your class schedule worked out more to your liking. Your tummy bug is probably a combination of homesickness and a different kind of food. I've never been over there, but I seem to think their food might be "heavier" for lack of a better word. Your system is probably trying to get used to it. Good luck with your studies, enjoy your Fridays off and I'll keep wishing you a sunshiney day once a week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're feeling better soon. Perhaps steering clear of the pubs and sticking to tea and pretzels for a day or two might help. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha - thats what i told her, rose!!!!

    ReplyDelete