Sunday, September 6, 2009

a sweet serenade..

I met my cousin Aideen today. She was very nice and welcoming. She showed me where the mall was with a movie theater..WOOHOO!! haha.. I got the watch her daughter play irish football. It was interesting.. it was kind of like soccer but they were allowed to touch the ball and dribble. the girls were only 11 but man were they intense. maybe its just me but I never understood the idea of fighting over ball. Aideen also showed me these pre-seasoned meals that just need to be heated and they are fresh too.. soo it looks like the peanut butter sandwiches are coming to an end.


Last night was prolly the most fun I've had since I got to Dublin. We went to Temple bar again and went back to Fitzgeralds because there was live music. Surprisingly enough they played mostly American music. Songs like: American Pie and Sweet Home Alabama and Living on a Prayer (i swear since its my and steph's anthem we hear it every time we go out)Gauthier even told me I was a Human Jukebox because I knew every song. When the band started playing "I love you baby" one of the guitarist started walking around the bar and stopped and sang the song to ME! Ever since I saw Heath Ledger in 10 things I hate about you, I wanted someone to sing that song to me. Clearly I can check that off my list of things I want to have happen in my life. When we were leaving the bar the guy came out of where the band was playing and gave me a hug. (well really he gave everyone in my group a hug.. but I was the leader)haha. We later went to another pub, I forget the name, but it was really cool. we finally found some people who weren't 17. We meet up with a group of kids who are also international students..they all seem really cool and fun to hang out with. Its kind of ironic..I seemed to have travels to Ireland but have only really met french, American, and Canadian peoples.

I have to get to sleep though because classes start tomorrow at 10am. wish me luck! Good Evening America and Goodnight Ireland.

5 comments:

  1. i wish you tons of luck ...im so happy to know you're having fun... xox.... mommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big "Luck" to you - especially for finding your way around that building you mentioned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. marglo i think you smell like cheese :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with school Meg. I may not always leave a comment but I am enjoying your adventures in Ireland.

    ReplyDelete