Wednesday, September 23, 2009

it feels like school has started...

generally speaking every semester I have one day that feels like its a marathon.. wednesday is that day this semester. I have 4 or 5 classes depending on the week.


This week all my partying and lack of sleep decided to catch up with me and I woke up tuesday with a killer cold. I spent most of tuesday in bed.. and deciding its too early in the semester for me to skip because I don't feel good.. i still went to class. The only thing that sucks worse then making yourself go to class when u feel like crap is that when ur sitting there not paying attention.. you realize you just wasted about an hour sitting in a room not paying attention to a word that was said and you would have been better off in bed.

Oh well.. I had some soup and a nap after class. I managed to get myself to my free Irish language class. I took it mainly for shits and giggles. thinking I could impress the kids at home with it. man, its a language that sounds nothing like it looks. also the teacher must think we are all language geniuses bc he moves through stuff like a lightening bolt. For a brief moment I was taken back to sitting in french class in 7Th grade where I would totally butcher the language in front of all my friends. ugh.. speaking different languages isn't my strong suit. But while I sat there my Mothers voice kept replaying "Its ok to look stupid.. they won't expect much from you." Ah yes, well I decided to give myself 3 classes and decided if its for me. I read once that you should try something at least 3 times before you decided to quit doing something.

After class, Anna gave me some cough medicine because all of the stores class here at like 5. I hate to say my country is better then the other but if there is some stuff America seems to have done better it would definitely be the business hours. The last couple of times I have wanted to do something like get a snack or something after 5.. all the shops have been closed. Its like farmington but 10x worse. Soo this time it happened to be that I needed a pharmacy and it was closed. Anna gave me some medicine and after watching 2 episodes of Grey's Anatomy.. I was out like a light at 11.

I woke up feeling about 60 percent better.. but being a wednesday it kind of killed my spirit. Its another day that I have to sit through Pagan celts.. to be honest that class has become the bane of my existence. The woman just doesn't have a clue that she doesn't make any sense. Whenever someone asks a question she does this little giggle/laugh thing. It just kinda puts me a bad mood. I also found out that I have a 4 page paper to do for Pagan Celts due in a week and a half. Not cool. I just have to keep telling myself..I only have to pass.

After class we went to find some really cheap food store. I was told it was the walmart of Ireland. I got to the check out and the women told me they didn't take visa (clearly it was no walmart). I never thought that a place wouldn't take a major credit card. I went to find a ATM but it was broken. Soo that was a fail. We went to tesco instead and found wine for 4 euro a bottle. I bought two. Tomorrow is Arthur Day.. Guinesses 250 birthday. I figure if I could drink for 4 euro tomorrow.. I could sleep soundly that I wasn't being overcharged anywhere. After this first month I wont be able to chalk all my frivolous spending to the fact that I was in a new city/new country and needed to buy supplies. I will have to start paying attention to what I buy..my liver will most likely benefit the most.

tomorrow Steph and I are off bright and early to Guarda (the immigration offices) we have heard nothing but horror stories about lines and tickets and waiting hours on end. Soo I'm tackling this place like DMV. I am going to be waiting when they open their doors. I don't mess around with stuff like that.. get in/get out.. hopefully they let me stay in the country. God knows I'm helping their economy. Ill let you know how it goes. Goodnight Ireland.. Good Evening America.

1 comment:

  1. aw, baboo, sounds like you are hanging in htere... hope your cold is better... xox... mommy

    ReplyDelete