Thursday, October 1, 2009

What I've learned so far..

It's official I have been away from America for 1 month today.. and I decided it would be kinda cool to make a list of things I've learned:

1. It took 1 month for me to find Tesco's that carry chocolate cake mix and brownie mix. They are two different Tesco's in the opposite directions of the city.

2. Irish banking is not as straight forward as you would expect.

3. The Euro eats Dollars for breakfast.

4. If you want a normal american size shot at the bar you have to ask for a double and pay double the price (8 euro/12 dollars generally speaking)

5. You have to pull a string to turn on your shower.

6. UCD is a huge cock block. (you can't have any friends over past 12)

7. A full Irish breakfast is something I want to eat every morning.

8. I can now ride a public bus on my own.

9. Life without a car means you walk.

10. A trip to the food store is basically like going to the gym.

11. The Irish don't believe in syllabi.

12. Freshmen here are called freshers.

13. Everyone goes home on the weekends in Ireland.

14. Irish kids stay up till 4 am and are loud on school nights.

15. Irish cabs are not creepy like the ones in New York.

2 comments:

  1. This *is* an impressive list. Funny thing ... "syllabi" threw me, I've so rarely heard the plural ... when I looked it up I had a true "Doh! Momment." So thanks for the chuckle at MY expense. :)

    ReplyDelete