Thursday, November 26, 2009

The New Moon

I awoke on the 20th of Nov, geared up for New Moon. I had just finished watching Twilight for the 10000 time and I could barely contain myself. (I hadn't been to a movie theater in about 3 months.. for those of you who know me.. movies are my life)I woke up at 9:30 to get to the movie theater for 11. If I couldn't watch a midnight showing I was going to be at the first showing of the day. I got to the movie theater and was amazed to find that they had a Ben and Jerry's ice cream store in the movie theater. Movies. Ice Cream. Twilight. Heaven. The movie theater itself was huge and very comfortable. I was very impressed.

I was sadly not as impressed with New Moon. I know the book is always better then the movie..but maybe my expectations were raised a bit too much but I found the movie lacking something. I didn't really like the vampire eyes. I feel like they were a little too over the top verses the last film. Not that the last film was an Oscar winner but I felt like maybe they were trying too hard to live up to the chemistry of Edward and Bella of the last film that it became too overdone. Also I just didn't believe the Jacob and Bella together. but maybe I'm biased. The effects from the fight scene were definitely amazing and the werewolves were award winning. Maybe they thought that the chemistry from the last film was enough to hold this one and they decided to focus more on the visual aspect. I'm not quite sure. I also didn't like the ending..it was too much of a cliff hanger. Twilight's cliff hanger was nicely done..it left you wanting more. New Moon on the other hand.. gave me the feeling like the end of the movie was just cut right from the entire movie. Maybe that works for a TV series but not for a film we have to wait to see for another year.Twilight made me want to reread the entire series. New Moon didn't give me the same feeling.

I will give them credit though.. the soundtrack once again did not disappoint. Its been on replay since I bought it on itunes. If only Rob was on it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment